ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS TECH I
Job posting number: #7199779 (Ref:hlj_50785)
Posted: December 8, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A few reasons why to join our Moffitt Team
- One of the BEST Employee Referral Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave and other Leaves
- Education Assistance
- And many, many more....
Under the direction of an Environmental Services Supervisor, the Environmental Services Technician is responsible for disinfecting areas to reduce the spread of bacteria and infection as well as providing an environment that appears clean, fresh, and polished. This position performs a variety of duties that support the department in maintaining a clean environment for patients and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Consistently provides quality products/services.
- Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- High touch surface disinfection and cleaning
- Properly clean and disinfect all types of areas including clinical inpatient/outpatient (patient rooms, exam rooms, nurse stations, etc.), support/common areas, offices, labs, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells, corridors, external grounds, etc.
- Handle and dispose of medical waste and sharps observing all required precautions, including properly tying and labeling bags
- Use proper chemicals, tools, and equipment for each situation
- Clean spills containing blood or other potentially infectious material using established infection control, safety, and ES departmental procedures
- Occasionally may have to travel to off-site locations
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Policies and Procedures
- Follow departmental and other regulatory standards regarding all cleaning policies and procedures (using proper disinfectants, labeling chemical bottles, keeping an organized cart, etc.)
- Perform all essential functions following established safety and infection control requirements (perform hand hygiene, wear PPE, etc.)
- Follow instructions and guidelines set forth by Environmental Services management
- Training and Competencies
- Demonstrate competency by completing required departmental education and training
- Represent the Environmental Services department positively and professionally at all times
- Maintain positive relationships and good communication with patients, visitors, staff members, and those within the Environmental Services department
- Report all facilities/maintenance issues to Supervisor
Credentials and Qualifications:
- No Experience Required.
- No Education Required.
- Ability to follow basic oral/written instructions in English (for the safety of our patients and staff in an emergency situation)
- Some prior experience in healthcare, Environmental Services, customer service, janitorial, or hospitality (OR) completion of a healthcare environmental services training from MacDonald Training Center
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.