CT TECHNOLOGIST PRN
Job posting number: #7199777 (Ref:hlj_50950)
Posted: December 8, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Under the broad direction of the Radiologist, CT Supervisor, Diagnostic Imaging Manager and the Administrator of Diagnostic Imaging, the CT Technologist shall perform procedures on selected anatomy as requested by the clinician on patients based on age appropriateness criteria. The technologist is expected to perform a variety of procedures with the knowledge and ability to apply the proper scan protocols needed to visualize the anatomy in question.
- Provide quality images and treatments to patients in a compassionate and efficient manner as requested by the clinician on patients based on age appropriateness.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have competency in all aspects of Radiology and/or CT, patient positioning, and radiation protection.
- Would have one to two years previous CT experience in a hospital setting.
- To perform a variety of procedures with the knowledge and ability to apply the proper scan protocols needed to visualize the anatomy in question.
- Understanding of the process of computed radiology, image processing, archiving and sending of images to the PACS stations and performs these tasks accurately and free of error.
- Operates all scanners and other associated equipment such as pressure injectors to acquire high quality diagnostic images on patients regardless of age group.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technology program or equivalent.
- ARRT certification required- CT must obtain Advanced Certification within one year of hire
- RT Fl License
- BLS certification
- Competency in all aspects of Radiology and/or CT, patient positioning, and
radiation protection. Must be able to start IV's and administer contrast based on department protocols.
- Basic computer skills are necessary
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.