Coordinator, Program Management
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7135656 (Ref:15146-en_US)
Posted: March 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Coordinator, Program Management of Pediatric Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) is a key member of the UME academic team who assists the departmental physician leadership of electives in day-to-day management of departmental elective oversight, assists the CC in day-to-day operations of the clerkship, and assists with coordination of Baylor College of Medicine PA students and UH medical students. The coordinator will work directly with the CC, faculty, preceptors and students and should have basic curricular knowledge with understanding of HIPAA and FERPA guidelines.
- Functions as the first-contact liaison to students, faculty, residents, community faculty, sites, and school administration for any issues or questions relating to the departmental oversight of electives.
- Provides primary support for the departmental lead elective officer (DLEO), Associate DLEO, and CC in matters relating to the departmental electives and pediatric clerkship, and function as his/her representative if requested.
- Assists in developing curriculum and teaching materials.
- Assists the CC in preparing clerkship recruiting information packets for new sites and preceptors.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the students and departmental oversight of electives, organizes and prioritizes necessary tasks, initiates changes and resolves issues as they arise.
- Understands the curricular goals, policies, and standards of both the clerkship and electives, department, and medical school.
- Participates in the development of elective policies and procedures.
- Assists the clerkship director in creating and maintaining clerkship rotations and clinical site schedules (i.e., call schedules, lecture schedules, duty hours, mid-rotation feedback, etc.) and be able to resolve scheduling conflicts to ensure that each student’s schedule meets his/her clerkship requirements.
- Creates and maintain elective rotation schedules and be able to resolve scheduling conflicts to ensure that each student’s schedule meets medical school requirements.
- Assists the clerkship coordinator with the following tasks as needed and be the primary lead coordinator for these similar activities for departmental electives:
- Assists with onboarding process for students at all rotation sites.
- Develops and coordinate orientation.
- Coordinates lectures and lecturers.
- Prepares learning materials.
- Maintains this material in a secure electronic database.
- Facilitates student and faculty computer access to on-line scheduling, evaluation, badging and advising software system.
- Proctors NBME Shelf exams.
- Provides assistance to students with questions and concerns related to the clerkships and/or electives and to clinical site policies and procedures.
- Communicates student absences/late arrivals to clinical teams in the event there is a shift change or new attendings in which students are not aware who to contact.
- Processes and prepares final grades for submission, including MSPE letters.
- Monitors the student evaluation process and maintains complete, accurate student files.
- Prepares reports for data analysis and compliance.
- Attends all pediatric executive curriculum committee and pediatric curriculum committee meetings.
- Interacts with other educational departments (i.e., student affairs, medical education, registrar, area health education center, bursar, or purchasing).
- Participates in institutional, departmental, community, or national meetings as ongoing professional development and to remain informed about current academic trends.
- Collects, reviews and submits documentation on core components to ensure 100% compliance with LCME standards.
- Supervises support-staff members assisting with clerkship and/or electives and medical students.
- Orients new faculty and residents to medical student education/guidelines/policies and procedures.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and conference calls.
- Updates and maintains E-Value users (add users for students by request).
- Trains new elective coordinators.
- Maintains elective budget for supplies, conferences and other needs.
- Coordinates use of facilities and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.