Medical Assistant I
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7122303 (Ref:14607-en_US)
Posted: January 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is in search of a Medical Assistant I to join our clinical team. A successful candidate will positively contribute to our patients' experience by providing compassionate care, and being a reliable member of the team. Ideally, candidates will have an interest in working in an outpatient facility with surgical patients and the desire to work closely with surgeons and learners in an academic setting.
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs.
- Collects patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in the electronic medical record.
- Notes the primary compliant/reason for patient's visit.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for physician.
- Processes and sterilizes clinic instrumentation as well as rigid and flexible laryngoscopes.
- Handles and maintains endoscopy tower components and associated equipment.
- Manages and coordinates incoming patient referrals.
- Enters orders for patient tests under direction of MD/NP/PA.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/ or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and audiogram or VNG report.
- Takes inventory of clinic supplies and order supplies as needed, maintains exam room stock daily.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA). New employees who are not currently certified, must obtain certification within six months of employment.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through American Heart Association
- Knowledge of experience in an Otolaryngology, allergy, or outpatient surgery practice.
- Prior customer service experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.