PA-C / APRN– Inpatient APP Dept.– Night Shift
Job posting number: #7117352 (Ref:hlj_42064)
Posted: December 6, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
PA-C / APRN– Inpatient APP Dept.– Night Shift – Special Pay Bonus included for night shift
The Night Surgical Inpatient APP Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner position provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of specialty-specific patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world-class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- This role requires a high level of autonomy and keen awareness of appropriate communication with all care providers
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with different providers to coordinate and optimize patient care of post-operative patients
- Responds to inpatient consults requests for the specialty, assesses the patient and escalates as necessary
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
- This position will specifically monitor post-operative and inpatient care of patients. Particular knowledge and care of these wounds is beneficial.
- The inpatient care will also include discharge planning and management under the guidance of the attending. This position will work closely with Residents and Fellows to care for the patients.
- This position will also attend to inpatient consults as requested. Assessment and escalation are critical components of this position.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Advanced Registered Nurse program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and national certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS. (Must be AHA approved)
- Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; previous specific experience preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.