STAFF ATTORNEY I CLIN TRIALS COMPLIANCE
Job posting number: #7100883 (Ref:hlj_37733)
Posted: May 26, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The legal services portion of duties will be to provide legal advice and counsel to Moffitt management and staff regarding bio-medical focused research, intellectual property, grants, ethics and regulatory compliance, and related contracting. The Staff Attorney I will be responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
* Draft, present, negotiate and finalize contracts and agreements for various departments.
* Provide legal advice and identify risks.
* Directly support members of management to evaluate and respond to matters related to research compliance and transactions.
* Assist to protect Moffitt's legal interest and maintain its operations in compliance with applicable law.
* Provide hands-on legal counsel to all levels of management.
* Identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations and assure legal compliance.
* Keep current on new and emerging laws and policy developments (e.g. life sciences, research, grant
compliance and health care) impacting Moffitt's operations.
* Draft institutional policies in accordance with best practices and within the bounds of applicable laws
* Receive and investigate inquiries and issues related to legal matters such as licensures, credentialing,
insurance, contracts and Moffitt policies.
* Direct and participate in the research of state and federal legislation and administrative and court decisions; investigate legal problems and make recommendations.
* Provide other legal support as directed or as circumstances may require to support management and protect Moffitt's legal interests.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business contracts professional agreements, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, faculty, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook software. The best candidate will also have in depth administrator level experience with contract management systems.
- Provide legal advice regarding matters related to research and compliance transactions.
- Identify and analyze legal issues, drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendation and assuring legal compliance.
- Initiate routine meetings with departmental leaders to effectuate contract negotiation and regulatory compliance.
- Support strategic initiatives of the VP/ Deputy General Counsel and EVP/ General Counsel.
- Prepare, review and negotiate other business transactions.
- Research and special projects assigned by the VP/ Deputy General Counsel and EVP/ General Counsel.
- Assist OGC in preparing, circulating and filing legal opinions, contracts, corporate and other legal documents, including the preparation and submission of government reports, annual corporate reports and related filings.
- Assist each department with their efforts to prepare, negotiate and finalize related policies, procedures and agreements.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor required. This individual must be licensed to practice law in the State of Florida and have at least 3 years' experience practicing law.
** Must possess State Bar certification; however, does not necessarily have to be a Florida Bar Board Certificate.**
- Experience with clinical trial and/or research agreements with ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Candidate should be able to display excellent organization, problem‐solving and computer skills.
- Candidate should possess excellent research, written and verbal communications skills.
- Always needs to have positive attitude, robust attention to detail, strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience supervising and managing paralegals and support staff for maximum efficiency is preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.